Omega currently uses a range of IT systems for collecting, storing, and querying data which have been developed and expanded over the years. Having reviewed these systems and the likely requirements of the organisation in the foreseeable future we are now looking to develop a new core database and are looking for an IT partner to carry out this work.
We envisage that this will include:
- Development of a core database – an outline specification is will be provided on request.
- Complete integration of the new database with an existing drupal website.
- Migration of existing data to the new database. This will involve the extraction of data from our Paradox 10 legacy database, harmonisation of data in Omega’s existing systems as well as systems of classifications such as tagging trees, technocodes etc. Some of this work (particularly cleaning and harmonisation of existing data) will be undertaken by Omega staff.
- Hosting of the core database – details of how the provider proposes to do this, including guarantees regarding availability and details of how data security will be maintained
- Training for up to 6 users on the database including data entry/interrogation and reporting.
- A support contract for the database including annual maintenance costs.
For full information on our current information systems and further details of our requirements please email Fiona Gorton, Resources and Finance Officer at email@example.com
The deadline for applications is 01/06/2020.